- Types of music: discussing kinds of music and favourite singers or bands.
- She will be loved – song by Maroon 5. Listening.
- Reading and listening to a Maroon 5 interview. Comprehension exercises.
Speaking about musical preferences. Discussing questions 1-4 and 7.
Listening to the song She will be loved by Maroon 5.
- False. Only two members were interviewed (Adam Levine and Jesse Carmichael).
- False. They changed the band’s name 3 years ago.
- False. He played the guitar.
- False. They gave their concert in the Natural Fudge Company, an old theatre.
B 1-b, 2-a, 3-d, 4-c, 5-e
They changed the name of the band because they started to listen to Stevie Wonder and other kinds of music (like hip hop and R&B).
The song “This Love” is about Adam Levine’s breakup with his girlfriend, about the time they were having problems and separated.
They called their album “Songs About Jane” because Jane was Adam’s girlfriend, and she was also his muse (his inspiration).
The song “She Will Be Loved” is not about Jane, but Adam’s friend Sam and Sam’s relationship with his girlfriend.
Many young people like this band, because…
- a singer
- a pianist.
- a guitarist.
- a drummer.
- a bass / a basist.
Task: Use page 88 and page 85 to write about your musical preferences and your favourite band or singer.