- The start of computer age: reading comprehension exercises.
Don’t forget: for reading comprehension, composition and writing exercises you can use online dicionaries. Try our Utilities page.
- Machines changed the world: people could travel and communicate more easily. Work changed too: many people found jobs in factories.
- Industrial Age started in the 19th century.
- The start of the Computer Age was in the second half of the 20th century.
- Only few people used computers because they were very difficult to understand.
- The first computers were built in the 1940s and 1950s.
- They were very very big and weighed 1.5 tonnes (they occupied a room).
- The prediction was that one day computers would be very very small.
Assignment: Group work (page 142 – Research Work)