- The future on film – page 148
- Do you remember the names of these films?
- What kind of films are these?
- Do you like this kind of films?
- What sort of future do they show?
- How do you think the world will be in the XXII century, 100 years from now?
- I, Robot
- The film
- The plot
It’s the year 2035, and the community now has the help of robots. These robots have three laws integrated into their system. (…) One day, the writer of the three laws, Alfred Lanning, apparently jumps out of the tenth-floor window of U.S. Robotics. The majority of the Chicago Police Department believe that he committed suicide, but Detective Del Spooner (Smith), who hates robots, thinks he was murdered, and the number one suspect is a Nestor Class-5 robot who calls himself Sonny. However, if it was Sonny, then that means he would’ve had to have broken the three laws. With the help of Dr. Susan Calvin, Spooner must now discover.
- Comprehension exercises – pages 149-150
- Man versus computer: composition writing.
Task for today!
Read page 147 and write a composition about one of these topics:
- The pros and cons of computers.
- Man versus machine.